I. Advertising information
Your electronic request is non-binding. An order is concluded as soon as we receive your order form and signature in one of our head offices or Access points.
After your request, our customer service will possibly contact you in order to clearify open questions. You then have the chance to make changes due to your requirements.
If you place an order, we may send you advertising for similar services by electronic mail (e-mail/SMS). Of course, you can object to the sending of advertising at any time.
II. Data protection
1. Information about collecting personal data
(1) In the following we inform you about collecting personal data when using our website www.mediafix.com. Personal data are all data that refer to you in person and identify you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Responsible in accordance with 4 Abs. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the
MEDIAFIX GmbH, Vitalisstraße 158, 50827 Cologne.
Further information you can find in our imprint.
You can reach our Data Protection Officer Guido Aßhoff at [Datenschutz@mediafix.de] and at the contact data stated in our imprint.
(3) When you contact us via e-mail or a contact form, your stated data (your e-mail address, possibly your name and your phone number) is saved by us to answer your questions. We will delete these data as soon as they are no more required or will limit processing, if there are legal obligations.
(4) If we have to go back to contracted service providers for single positiona of our offer or want to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you detailed about this process in the following. At this, we will also state the criteria of the storage duration.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us concerning your personal data:
– Right of information,
– Right of correction or deletion,
– Right of limitation of processing,
– Right of disagreement of processing,
– Right of data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data at a data protection supervisory authority. The data protection supervisory authority, that is responsible for us, is the
The North Rhine-Westphalia Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Phone number: 0211/38424-0 • Fax: 0211/38424-10
3. Collecting personal data at visiting our website
(1) For only informational use of our website (if you don’t register or transfer other information), we only collect personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically required in order to display our website to you and to ensure stability and safety (Legal basis is Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (concrete site)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– respectively transferred data amount
– Website, which the request is from
– Operating system and its surface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) For safety purposes and for transfer protection of confidential content, e.g. orders and requests you send us, this site uses a SSL or TLS encryption. You can see that the connection is encrypted, if the address field of your browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and also if there is a lock symbol. If the SSL or TLS encryption is active, the data you transfer to us, can not by read by third parties.
(3) In addition to the previous stated data, cookies are saved on your computer when our website is used. Cookies are text files, that are saved on your hard disk by the browser, and allow the input of certain data (in this case by us). Cookies can’t execute programs or transmit a virus to your computer. They serve to make our Internet offer more customer-friendly, e.g. to recognize you at your next visit and to increase speed when building up the website.
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose functionality is explained in the following:
– Transient (session) cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
- b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically, when you close your browser. These especially include session cookies. Session cookies save a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the joint session. Thereby your computer can be recognized, which you revisit our website. The session cookies are deleted, which you log out or close the browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified duration, which can differentiate from cookie to cookie. You can delete the cookies in the settings of your browser at any time.
- d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and for example deny acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. We advise that you possibly will not be able to use the full capability of our website.
- e) Cookies, that are required for the execution of the electronic communication process or for provision of certain function, that you require (e.g. shopping cart function), are saved based on 6 Abs. 1 lit. f GDPR, since we have legitimate interest in saving cookies for technical operation of our website. This contains the simplification of the communication process, the technically flawless execution and the optimized provision of our service. As far as we or our service providers save cookies, e.g. for analyzing your use of our website, the usage is described separately.
4. Further functions and offers of our website
(1) Besides to the pure informational use of our website, we also provide the possibility to use our website for contacting us in order to receive a digitization offer. To make use of this, you will have to state further personal data, which we use to execute our service and are subject to the previous mentioned principles of data processing.
(2) Partially we employ external service providers to process your data, e.g. for analyzing our website. These are carefully selected by us, are bound to our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Further we can pass on your personal data to third parties, if transport services, sale actions, competitions, contract conclusions or similar services are provided by us together with partners. This can happen, if e.g. we digitize something together with a partner of if you want to make us of our DHL pick-up service.
(4) As for as our service providers or partners have their head office in a country outside from the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer. In any case we have bound such partners by appropriate data protection contracts for data protection to European data protection standards.
5. Disagreement or cancellation of processing your data
(1) If you gave permission to process your data, you can cancel it at any time. Such a cancellation has influence on the admissibility of processing your personal data, after you have expressed it towards us.
(2) So far we support processing your personal data on balancing of interests, you can cancel the processing. This is the case, when the the processing is not necessary for fulfillment of a contract, which is described by us in the following. If such a cancellation is is practiced, please tell us the reasons for why we should not process your personal data. In case of your justified cancellation we will check the circumstances and either will stop the data processing or tell you about our worthy reasons for continuing to process your data.
(3) Of course you can cancel the processing of your personal data for advertsing and data analyzing purposes at any time. For this you can contact us at our contact data stated under 1.
6. Request form
You can use our request form to get an offer for our digitization service for your analogue media. If you give us information with the request form, your data will be used for processing the request. We will not pass on this information without a sufficient legal basis. Processing the entered data is therefore exclusively based on a possible contract initiation (6 Abs. 1 lit. b GDPR). Besides the processing basis of a contract initiation, there possibly is a further permission or obligation, e.g. a justified interest for processing your data, e.g. to answer your request. The data that you gave us in the contact form are processed and saved until you request deletion, cancel your agreement for saving or the purpose for data saving is dropped (e.g. after finished processing of your request). Imperative legal regulations – especially retention periods – are unaffected by the cancellation. In this case we will still limit the processing of your data.
7. Processing at conclusion of the contract
After the successful request for sending a digitization offer, we will process your data for creating an individual offer, which you can download and save as a PDF file. Moreover we will send you the offer via e-mail. So far the offer finds your agreement, you send it over with the media you want digitized. As soon as we receive your media, your data is taken on into our resource planning system and your media is digitized and afterwards saved on our servers. After processing your order, you will receive back your original media and the digital files on a storage device. Your data is then deleted from our servers. For customer care we have an own service.
8. Comment function
On our website you have the option to comment single articles. In this occasion the IP address of the author is saved. This happens for our safety in case the author affects third party rights or the content is illegal. Therefore there is a self-interest in the saved data of the author, since we can be prosecuted due to such infringements. There is no passing on to third parties. A comparison of these data with other data, that was submitted to other parts of our website, also doesn’t occur.
9. Integration of YouTube videos
- We have integrated YouTube videos in our online offer, that are saved on http://www.YouTube.com and are playable directly from our website. [They all are integrated in “extended data protection mode, which means that no user data is transferred to YouTube, if you don’t play the videos. We have no influence on this data transfer.]
- By visiting the website, YouTube gets the information that you went on a subsite of our website. Also the data, that is mentioned at 3 of this declaration, is transferred. This is independent of if you have a user account, which you are logged into, or not. If you are logged into Google, your data is directly assigned to your account. If you don’t wish assignment to your profile at YouTube, you have to log out before activating the button. YouTube saves your data as user profiles and processes them for advertising, market research, and/or needs-based design of its website. Such an analysis is done especially (even for not logged in users) for providing needs-based advertisement and to inform other users in the social network about your activities on our website. You have a cancellation right against setting up these user profiles, but will have to express it towards YouTube. Processing is done based on a justified interest according to 6 Abs. 1 lit. F. GDPR, in order to display additional content about our company and to design our website more informational for you.
Here you can edit your setting for displaying YouTube videos:
10. Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. Therefore we can provide interactive maps directly on our website and can enable a comfortable use of the map function.
(2) By visiting the website, Google gets the information that you went on a subsite of our website. Also the data, that is mentioned at 3 of this declaration, is transferred. This is independent from if you have a user account, which you are logged into, or not. If you are logged into Google, your data is directly assigned to your account. If you don’t wish assignment to your profile at Google, you have to log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as user profiles and processes them for advertising, market research, and/or needs-based design of its website. Such an analysis is done especially (even for not logged in users) for providing needs-based advertisement and to inform other users in the social network about your activities on our website. You have a cancellation right against setting up these user profiles, but will have to express it towards Google. Processing is done based on a justified interest according to 6 Abs. 1 lit. F. GDPR, in order to display directions to our single Access points and to make navigation easier.
Here you can edit your setting for displaying Google Maps:
11. Use of Google Analytics with anonymization function
On our site we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, in the following called „Google“. Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, text files, that are saved on your computer and enable analysis of your website usage.
The information that is generated by these cookies, e.g. time, location and frequency of your website vitits including your IP address, are transferred to Google in the USA and saved. We use Google Analytics on our website with a anonymization function. Within EU states or in other states of the agreement of the European Economic Area your IP address is shortened and thereby anonymized. Google will use this information to analyze your website use in, in order to create reports on the website activities for us and to provide further services due to the Internet and website usage. Also Google will possibly transfer this information to third parties, if this is required by law or third parties process this data on behalf of Google. According to own information, Google will Google not associate your IP address with other Google data. You can avoid that cookies are installed by appropriate setting in your browser; please not that you possibly will then not be able to use the full capability of our website. In addition Google provides a deactivating option for the most common browsers, which gives you control on which data is captured and processed by Google. If you should activate this option, no data about your website visit is transferred to Google Analytics. Activation will still not avoid that information is transferred to us or other web analysis services, that we use. More information about the deactivation option that Google provides, you can find via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
In order to avoid capture by Google Analytics upon several devices, you have to execute the Opt-Out on all used systems.
Here you can edit the settings for capturing by Google Analytics:
12. Use of social media share buttons
We use share buttons on our website for the social networks facebook and twitter and also for the messaging services whatsapp and telegram, with which by clicking them you can share content that you like. In order to protect your data, we use so-called Shariff-share-buttons.
Normally these social network and messaging plug-ins transfer user data to the related servers immediately at access – independently of you clicking on the button or if you are even registered in a social network or messaging service. To avoid that, we use the social share button from Shariff on our website.
The Shariff plug-in only connects to the server of the network or service, if you click the button. Your data therefore are not passed on to third parties when just visiting the site, but when you actively click the button.
When clicking the button you agree to transfer your user data to the respective network or service.
We use the plug-ins for advertising purposes. By sharing and recommending content in social networks, the website and our service can become more popular. The legal basis for this is 6 Abs. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR. Using the plug-ins for advertisement is a justified interest in terms of GPDR.
12.a) Use of facebook components
On our site we use components of the provider facebook. Facebook is a service of facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. Every single visit of our website, which is provided with such a component, this component causes your browser to download the component from facebook for according displaying. By this process, facebook is notified, which exact site of our website you are currently visiting.
When you visit our site and are logged into facebook simultaneously, facebook recognizes with the help of the component, which exact site you are visiting and assigns this information to your personal account on facebook. If you e.g. click on the “Like”-button or make a comment, this information is transferred to your personal account on facebook and saved. Moreover the information, that you visited our website, is passed on to facebook. This happens independent of if you click the component or not.
You can find an overview of the facebook plug-ins at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/
In order to avoid capturing by facebook components on all devices, you have to enforce the Opt-Out on all systems you use.
Here you can edit the settings for capturing by facebook components with cookies:
13. Use of Google Ads
On our website we use the Google advertising tool “Google-Ads”. In this context we also use the analysis service “Conversion-Tracking” from the company Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, in the following called „Google“. If you reached our website with a Google ad, a cookie is saved on your computer. Cookies are small text files that your Internet browser saves on your computer. These so-called “Conversion cookies” lose their validity after 30 days and are not for your personal identification. If you visit certain sites of our website and the cookie is not expired, we and Google can see that you clicked on one of our ads that we placed at Google and which ensured that you were forwarded to our site.
The information that was gathered with the “Conversion cookies” serve Google to create visiting statistics for our website. With these statistics we get to know the total amount of users that clicked on our ads and which sites were visited from each user afterwards. We and also other companies that set ads with “Google ads” don’t get any information about personal identification.
You can avoid the installation of “Conversion cookies” in the settings of your browser, e.g. that saving cookies is generally inactive or by blocking cookies from the domain “googleadservices.com“.
Here you can edit the settings for capturing by Google Ads with cookies:
14. Use of Google Remarketing
In order to avoid capturing by Google Remarketing on several devices, you have to cancel the Opt-In on all the systems you use.
Here you can edit the settings for capturing by Google Remarketing with cookies:
15. Microsoft Bing Ads
On our website we use technologies from Bing Ads (bingads.microsoft.com), which are provided by the Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA („Microsoft“). At that, Microsoft saves a cookie on your device, if you reached our website with a Microsoft Bing ad. Microsoft and we can then see that a user clicked an ad, was forwarded to our website and landed on a previously defined definition site („Conversion site“). We only get to know the total amount of users that clicked on a Bing ad and then were forwarded to the conversion site. Microsoft saves, processes and uses the information gathered by the cookie to create user profiles. These user profiles serve to analyze user behaviour and are used to display advertisment. Personal identification information is not processed.
If you don’t want your data to be used in the way that was explained above, you can deny that cookies are saved – e.g. in the browser settings, which generally can deactivate saving cookies. Furthermore you can avoid capturing and processing data by Microsoft by expressing your cancellation at the following link http://choice.microsoft.com/de-DE/opt-out. More information about data protection and set-in cookies by Microsoft and Bing Ads you can find on Microsoft’s website: https://privacy.microsoft.com/de-de/privacystatement.
Here you can edit the settings for capturing by Microsoft Bing Ads with cookies:
16. Publication of job ads / online job applications
Your application data are saved and used electronically for the application process. If your application leads to an employment contract, your transferred data can be saved in your personal file for the purpose of common organisation and administration processes, considering legal regulations
If your application is denied, deletion of your transferred data is automatically done two months after the announcement of denial. This doesn’t apply, if legal requirements (e.g. burden of proof according to General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) take place and a longer saving period is necessary or if you agreed to a longer saving period in our interested party database.
17. Download via Dropbox
If you have decided to download your digitized media via Dropbox, we transfer digital copies of your media to Dropbox Inc. 333 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA, which provide a cloud storage service. Dropbox reserves the right to process data worldwide, is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and guarentees to maintain data protection according to the European Commission Dropbox.
The certificate can be viewed at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnCLAA0&status=Active. For safety of the rights of the affected persons, we additonally concluded data protection contracts with Dropbox and only provide this service, if you agreed to download your files in this way. More information about capturing and processing data by Dropbox you can find in their privacy policies: https://www.dropbox.com/terms#terms.